Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Therapy

Sometimes when I get "not so good news" my first reaction is to go wash my car.


I don't know why. Maybe it just helps relieve stress! Sometimes it's just therapeutic! I remember when I was little watching my dad wash and wax his truck. I wanted to help; just to be doing something with him. He was very particular about how it was done and he showed me just how to do it, making sure to wax it just the right way. That was a fun thing to do when I was a kid and I still enjoy it today! That's what I did yesterday. And while I was washing and cleaning and vacuuming that song came on (see previous post) and I cried!

We have Dad now on a waiting list to get into the hospice home. Things are declining quickly. Yesterday he didn't know Sharon, his own spouse. It was so heartbreaking to hear that. But he did know his girls (me and my sis). His strength is weakening. I think things are going to happen sooner than we might have expected.

I keep listening to Louis Armstrong's version of "What a Wonderful World" just so I can be reminded everyday, despite the circumstances swirling around in my life, that it really is a wonderful world.

7 comments:

  1. well dear friend, as always, I'm sending a hug your way. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't want you to think my husband is writing you sweet things--it was me. Just signed in in the wrong account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie that made me laugh...and it will make Cammie laugh too. Brian is SO sweet with his words, haha.

    Cammie - I love you! Call me if you need to wax your car and it's raining or something :-) 402-1774

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Brian made me laugh! Thank you, Brian; I mean Laurie. I mean Briaurie. Just what I needed to hear!

    Thank you Kulio. By the way, how did you get that name? If it's raining, I'll be right there. You know it never works that way though...you wash your car and then it rains. Not the other way around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammie, I love your "therapy." That really touched me. Are you a motor-city girl? Love to you and prayers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, P. S. You made my world more wonderful today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cammie "Wilde" is my aunt E - a wonderful person :-) and Kulio is just the name I use to blog...sorta Kulaga-ish :-)

    ReplyDelete