Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Blessing

This morning the dog woke me up at 4:30 am.! He had chased a raccoon up a tree. And he barked uncessantly! I tried earplugs but it didn’t help much! Upon discovery, indeed it was a raccoon!













Oh the simple life…








This morning after I found the raccoon I decided to slip on my Wellies (while still in my pjs of course) and take a walk. It was a blessing walk. Everywhere I turned, a blessing...








The pigs enjoying an early morning cat nap. (hehee and morning breakfast!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The sheep curious as to what I was doing...
 
 
 
And the hens and chicks peeking the ground in search of a little food!






 
And then my favorite, the goats. Oh the baby goats how fun they are! They had just gotten their morning bottle.








Then I continued on and walked through the pasture.



Can birds really read? "Welcome birds."

And when I returned I was filled with joy and awe at the God who provides endless blessings right there in front of me.



And the dog cried for his raccoon that he really wanted….



One dead raccoon but one lucky dog! Isn’t that what we all do...cry for what we really want and God knows best and we are lucky; blessed beyond belief!

2 comments:

  1. Love your wellies!!!

    Oh this post made me smile :-)

    Gross raccoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dog! But yeah, gross raccoon! (p.s. I'm Heather's cousin, in case you were wondering who this random post-person was!)

    ReplyDelete