Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

A Dream

I had a dream the other night. After I woke up I was really shaken because it was so incredibly real. In my dream, Sharon called me and told me my dad had passed. I kept repeating, "I never got to say goodbye. I never got to say goodbye." She told me to not worry about it. She said because of the circumstances, even though he just passed that morning, they were having the funeral at that afternoon. I was so upset because no one would know and no one would come. And I continued repeating, "I never got to say goodbye." Then I was at their house but there was a dining room in the bedroom. I was so upset and I sat at the table. Then my dad was at the table. Oh how the tears came and I told him how much I missed him. He reassured me that everything was going to be alright and that he would be watching over me.
The dream was incredible. It was so real.
Dad had a rough day. He slept for quite a while this morning. My brother in law told him he'd take him sailing because it would give him something to look forward to that day. Chad went with my two nephews, Trent 16 and Caleb 10. Everything seemed like it was going to be smooth sailing until they got out from the bay. Dad started slumping and felt like he couldn't sit up. Trent moved next to papa and helped him sit. He seemed fine. After they got back to shore, Dad couldn't get out of the boat. Chad and Trent helped carry him out and set him in a chair on the shore. Chad thought perhaps he was dehydrated and they got him some water. He seemed to be doing better but they carried him in the chair back to the house.
I see each day failing a little more and a little more. It's so hard to watch. We are traveling to Jackson to have family pictures taken on Sunday. I'm looking forward to the evening and I pray it will all go smoothly.
I visited the grandparents again today. I love going to visit. The hard part about today was breaking the news to my 93 and 92 year old grandparents that their beloved son only has months to live. Grandma doesn't always seem to understand but she repeated several times, "How is he doing?" "You mean, they can't do anything else?"
Tough days are ahead but I know in the end without a shadow of doubt that my dad will be watching over me. And not only my earthly father but my Heavenly Father has us in the palm of his hand; he sees the tears and he cries too.

6 comments:

  1. I know He cries too!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Kulio sent me your blog. I just want you to know that you have people praying for you. I lost my mom 12 years ago this month. It's still hard. I still miss her. I don't tell you this to depress you, but to let you know that I understand. I've been there. And God is faithful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have said that Kulio and I are cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cammie,

    Heather asked us to pray for you and your family. I cried reading your post...such a soul-stretching time for you, and I hope you find comfort and peace through it all. Writing helps get it out, doesn't it? I've been there!
    You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammie,
    I don't know if we have ever met, but I am Heather's Dad. Your opening your heart to us all lets me believe that something wonderful is happening in your life, even with all the sadness. You know that Jesus says, "I will not leave you orphans. I will come to you." John 14:18 This doesn't mean that I am giving up on your Dad. It just means that my prayers are larger than just "take the cancer away." I'm just praying that Jesus will provide for you a special relationship with Him, so that when your Dad goes to heaven, (someday, like all of us) Jesus will have filled you so much with His presence and power, that you can handle it with the tender grace I felt when I read your blog.
    Sharon and I will be praying much!
    Bill Cryderman (Sr.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears roll down my face as I read these comments! Wow! I'm continually amazed! Thank you Joann for your encouragement! Kelle, oh yes writing does help! Thank you for inspiring me! Bill, yes we have met but quite awhile ago. Your brother Dale goes to church with my dad and he sent me the nicest encouraging letter. Thank you also for your encouragement!
    Heather, you're a rock and encouragement for me! What a wonderful friend you've become!
    thank you all...

    ReplyDelete